Thursday, September 11, 2014

Terminator IRL

          "The Pedestrian" by Bradbury, is an interesting concept of how technology can take over people's lives in almost a zombie-like-state in the future. A man is arrested by police, who themselves are machines, just for walking outside. The man is a writer, which for the police is "no profession". The police take him to a psych asylum and admit him for regressive tendencies. In this world, it is abnormal to be not like everyone else, such as watching t.v. in the evening.

          If I found myself in Mr. Mead shoes when the police stopped him, I would try to rebel and try to make public publicity and awareness of how machines were taking control of our lives. Soon others would start the realizations of the horrors of what has become and join me to start public campaigns. Even though it may be a losing fight, I would express how I felt, which may be against the law during this new era.     

No comments:

Post a Comment